Guide to How you can add or control devices with Google Assistant and Google Home
Controlling or adding devices with the Google Assistant or Google Home isn’t that hectic but if you don’t have a clear guide then this can be pretty confusing. So before jumping to add any device to your Google home or assistant follow this step by step easy guide to make your smart home experience better.
Setting up any device
Before setting up any of your smart home devices you need to make sure that you have went through the manufacturer instructions and check whether your device is compatible with Google assistant or not.
Now setting up any device is super simple, you just need to do some basic steps like plugging it or connecting it to the Wi-Fi and installing the brand’s own app to get access to relevant features.
After you are done with these set up process you can move to add it to your Google home app.
Adding a device in Google Home app
First of all
- Open the Google home app.
- Tap the add (+) sign.
- Then tap the set up device option
- There you will find two options :
- Setting up a new device.
- Have something already set up.
If you are going to add Google’s own brand’s devices then you should click on the 1st option. But if you are connecting any third party device then click on the 2nd option.
5. Select the one you want to add and proceed to further steps and click done.
And you are all set to control it using your Google assistant.
If you want to rename your devices, follow these steps:
- Open the app.
- Head over to cog icon placed on the home screen
- Then click device settings.
- Name your device and command or control them like you want.
So no more boring product names just call it with the name you want.
Adding a device to a room
After opening the Google app you can notice different rooms are shown. However, if you are willing to assign a new device to a particular room. Then
- Tap on the name of the room.
- Click the cog icon.
- Tap choose devices.
- Click on the device and select the room you want it to assign.
And you are all done with setting, adding and controlling your smart home devices with Google assistant and Google Home.